Friday, May 25, 2012

Five Minute Friday


Today, I'm starting to participate in something to try to get a little bit of the writing juices back and flowing. Over at the Gypsy Mama she gives out a word and encourages her readers to write for five minutes and just let it come out. The word this week was OPPORTUNITY. Here's what came out for me:

Opportunity

I tell myself we can't. I tell myself, where would we put it. I tell myself. What if, what if, what if. Then I stop and I look at the five little souls already here. I think about when they came and who they are. Would they have been different if they had come to us at a different time? Would we be different? Would we have fewer? I have never regretted having so many, so quickly. And I know...I would not regret another. I told myself we wouldn't do it. I told myself that I couldn't do it.

And then I think...who would I miss. WHO am I closing myself off from?? What blessing from God am I saying NO to? What little person would we be meeting that was meant to come to us at this time?

I can't say no to that. The blessing that God might see fit to share.


I try telling myself we can and that we would make room. I stop saying What if, what if, what if and start saying, Okay.

No comments: