Friday, June 1, 2012

Five Minute Friday: See

Every Friday, I'm going to give five minutes to a word. I got the idea from Gypsy Mama. She's awesome...check her out. We write for five minutes without worry, just writing wherever the spirit moves you.

This week the word is

See...

I wonder what they see when they look at me...these five little lives. Do they see, "Mama" and "Wife"? Do they see "reader" and "poet"? Do they see "cook" and "cleaner"? Do they see my strengths and my flaws?

I remember watching my mother. I remember seeing what was important to her and where she spent her time.

And I know my girls are looking at me the same way.

I think about what they first see when they get up in the morning. Am I there and engaged? Or, am I buried in other things?

Do they see how much I love them?

Do they see how much I want to be a good mother for them...how much I want them to see Jesus in me?

Do they see all that I strive to teach them and have them become?

Do they see me when I'm failing or even when I'm floundering? Do they see the struggles that I go through to try to turn myself aright?

I am struck with the thought that I am their model for motherhood and that they constantly SEE...me.

No comments: