Friday, March 13, 2009

Busy Week

We have had a super busy week for a family that stayed home most of it. I ran after the children with the camera trying to chronicle parts of it and as you can tell from the bellow picture, Abby was getting a little sick of me.

She then decided it was okay and that she'd give me a smile. :)
A new Abby achievement for this week is puzzles. She will sit and do puzzles over and over as long as someone is there to do them with her. She's getting pretty good at them, too. Anna started really enjoying the 24 piece puzzles a few months ago, but I think she's ready for the next size up...not sure what that is though. 50? 100? Maybe it would be a good Easter gift or even better new baby gifts? :)


My beautiful man Aaron has started to prime the girl's room in anticipation for its "grand" makeover before Charlotte moves in. For those of you who actually saw this room, it is a big improvement just to have it primed. Early last year, Anna went around the room with a pink highlighter, and Magic Eraser was getting us nowhere. Abby then added her touch during nap one day after sneaking in a box of crayons. I cannot tell you how much better that makes me feel that have that covered up. We're very excited about our princess themed room that will hopefully be completed before Maddie gets here in June.

We have had some lovely, just gorgeous weather here in central Indiana with temps almost to 70, which was then promptly followed by temps that dipping below freezing. But, we were definitely taking advantage of every second that we could. Abby and Anna enjoyed spending some time outside in their playhouse, which was a great "hand-me-down" piece that we received last year. Thanks, Emily! While the girls played, I was able to go through the yard and clean up all the winter debris and clear out leaves and sweep down the patio. It feels good to get a start on some of those Spring tasks. Aaron and I also tackled part of the garage and a closet; making a trip to Goodwill with a trunk load of donations. I'm hoping that we'll have nice enough weather next weekend to get even more down outside. We've already had some crocus' bloom; which were promptly destroyed, but beautiful nonetheless. I see daffodils starting to sprout and can hardly wait to get started on my flower beds.

We hope you're enjoying the Spring routines as much as we are!

No comments: