Friday, January 2, 2009

A FULL House

Amazingly, we were able to fit another entire household into our house for the new year's holiday. My sister and her family stayed with us for just a couple of nights, but it was so much fun. It's a lot more fun having them stay with us, because we get more time to visit since they don't have to travel to a hotel room to put their children down for the night.

We hosted dinner at my house on the 30th. Dinners at mom's house on the 31st and 1st. On New Year's Eve we even stayed up until past midnight Arkansas time playing Mexican Train Dominoes. :)

It was crazy having eight girls 4 and under in such a small little space, but we made it work and all the girls had a great time. It was certainly noisy, but it make me thankful for the space I did have and made my girls seem not so loud when they all did leave. :)

Unfortunately, their family won't be able to come again until this summer, but there is a possibility that they'll be here for the birth of our baby. Because of the distance, she's never been here for the births of one of my children, so that would be very exciting for me. I was blessed to be able to watch their firstborn, Alexis, when their second daughter, Raegan was born, and was able to see her when she was just a couple of hours old.

I'm really looking forward to them moving closer. The possibility of a day trip is super-exciting.

No comments: