Tuesday, April 1, 2008

"There will always be challenges, but at least we'll be sleeping."

I recently read that one of the most intimate ways to connect with your spouse is to laugh with them. This morning we were talking about Charlotte's sleep habits and how they do seem to be getting better again since we moved her into her own room. Aaron commented that a lot of people say how much easier it was when their children were babies. (I personally cannot imagine. I am a sleeper). He then went on to say that "There will always be challenges, but at least we'll be sleeping." For some reason I found that extremely funny. It could just be that my brain is sleep-deprived and the idea of someday again being well-rested is just so beautiful I couldn't help but release some of the happiness. I'm really quite looking forward to sleeping once again. I have always enjoyed my sleep. This from someone who slept 20 hours a day until she was two years old. Oh, yeah, I hoped my babies might inherit some of my sleep genes at times. :)

No comments: