Friday, May 9, 2008

The Family that Exercises Together...

Aaron and I have exercised together every day this week and we plan to continue on. Rising at 5:30 each morning certainly makes one want to go to bed earlier, but the added energy through the day is a big bonus. We've both put on a bit of extra weight over the last three years together. With three pregnancies and job changes, the added stress in our lives coupled with the exhaustion that three back to back pregnancies brings have done nothing to encourage us to eat better or exercise.

It took a couple of things to get us in the right place. Early last year I had a physical and the numbers were quite scary. High cholestoral runs in my family right along with good down home cooking. I grew up cooking in butter and eating grain fed beef from our own cows. The numbers told me and the doctor that I had a potentially serious problem with cholestoral. It wasn't like a was going to have a heartattack today, next week or even in this decade, but that I would someday unless I got my numbers under control. So I cut out the butter and started cooking with Olive Oil and discovered I actually liked the taste better. I cook more fish; calling my dad up for some of his recipes. We also eat more veggies and chicken and a little less red meat.

The second thing was the inner tube. All of the women out there who have given birth to children know exactly what I'm talking about. With Anna and Abby both, that inner tube was gone like nothing. Maybe its because I was under 25 and things melted off. And now that I'm almost 26 I seem to have to work a bit harder to control and manage my weight.

The "tube" is still here, but we're working on it. We have a couple of "dancing" weddings coming up this summer and I am soooo looking forward to getting a new dress or better yet, fitting in to some that I used to wear back when I felt "smokin' " :)

No comments: