Thursday, September 18, 2008

A Mommy Super-Power

I am often amazed at the wonders of the human body and mind and the capabilities of both. Last night, I was in a wonderfully deep sleep. I don't know exactly what it was, but at one point during the night, somebody called out/ cried out...whatever. Immediately all the mommy radars went into effect and I leaped from my bed. With speed and leaping skills that would have been impressive by anyone's standards, I found myself standing in the hallway outside my girl's rooms...my quiet girl's rooms I might add.

I am amazed because in my sleep I imagined a child was crying and was immediately awake and alert. Not only that, but in my rush I did not once stumble on my way to their room. Even though our bedroom is an obstacle course right now because of all the packing I'm doing. I think that God has given these special gifts to mothers; the ability to be instantly alert and athletic simultaneously. I'm not so certain that fathers possess this gift, or if they do perhaps they don't cultivate it enough to realize it's existence. :)

No comments: