Tuesday, September 2, 2008

A little DRAMA

Well, we've had an exciting past few days, which has kept me from blogging as often as usual. Last week, I admit freely, I was hormonal and slightly PMS-y. Okay, really PMS-y, bite your head off, in desperate need of some brownies PMS-y. :) Feeling better, but there were some things that really set me off and put me in instant "Mama Bear" mode...and without going into detail this blog is now by invitation/sign-in only. Sorry for the inconveinence, but gotta keep the crazies at bay; this includes myself. :)


Saturday morning, I went in to Kaye's Beauty College, where my sister-in-law, Mary is almost done with her cosmetology degree (Yeah, Mary!). Mary first cut off 10 or so inches that we're donating to Locks of Love. My hair grows super-fast, so I'm able to do this every two or three years and it still is back down to my waist each time I get it cut. Next step was some polishing off the cut and adding some square layers, pretty cool for the curly hair to help it not be so poof-y. Then, we did something that I've always wanted to do and colored it. "You did what?!" (That's my mother in the back of my head.) First, it's not permanent color, so it'll wash out in a few weeks. The color is much darker than I'm used to, but fun for a change.


This weekend we tried like anything to get Anna to go on the potty. Where we are in our toilet training is Anna holds it. She will hold it for upwards of 4 hours during the day and will cry when we put her on the toilet. She will wait until she gets a diaper/pull-up back on or until she can't hold it anymore and then she'll piddle on the floor. We tried just flooding her with fluids and putting her on the toilet A LOT and then leaving her on the toilet when we knew she had to go until she went. She was on there for a really long time and starting screaming for a diaper. I know this will end, but right now it's really frustrating.


Lastly, we're starting more of a structured preschool with Anna modeled off this letter of the week program. It's really a pretty cool system and we've filled in the holes with our own bible and music things, too. Anna's been really enjoying it and I'm excited about the prospect of opening new doors for her. (Pun intended, as I call this our "door of learning" in my head. :) )
There may be some pretty exciting news on the horizon in the next couple of weeks, but I don't want to jinx it by talking about it too soon; and no we're not pregnant...everyone seems to be asking me that lately.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Thanks for inviting me to your blog, Sarah! I LOVE your new hairstyle.