Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Waiting for the Bus

This morning as I was leaving our subdivision, it was around 7am, I saw small groups of highschool age kids waiting for the bus. They all looked grumpy and sullen. On my way back, 8:30-ish, I saw small groups of elementary age children huddled together clutching their backpacks; there mothers grouped together a few feet away chatting and laughing together. I didn't really think about the highschool students, probably because I don't have highschoolers, but when I saw those little tots waiting on the street corner, it made my heart hurt. I couldn't imagine letting my little ones go on that bus...letting them go into that kind of environment that ultimately turns them into grumpy, sullen teenagers.

I've had this feeling every time I see small children waiting for the bus; a sort of sorrow. Looking at this, I know I'm meant to be a homeschool mom. It makes me happy to know that they'll never go to a public school, Lord willing. I'm thankful for the resources that we have available to us as we begin to homeschool, including "the fam", and I'm doubly thankful for a husband who whole-heartedly is part of this decision. :)

No comments: