Monday, September 15, 2008

"What is your favorite word?" & "What sound or noise do you love?"


I delight in my children. Even though there are those days...I don't even have to spell it out for you do I...all I have to say is "there are those days-dot, dot, dot." Well, anyway, some days I know why some animals eat their young. But, my children are a gift to me from God, no matter what our day has been like. The way they smile at me when I go to get them in the mornings. The way they respond when I stumble upon them doing something naughty..."Oh. Hi, Mama." (Smile big...you know she's a sucker for the smile.) The complete trust in me. It's a tremendous gift, this parenting gig.

And you really just keep getting gifts. No matter how horrible or enduring the trials may seem when you're going through them, all it takes is one "I love you, Mama" and it completely erases every second and memory. This past week, we had a stressful day--probably more than one, but one that stands out. Migraines are just part of my life and I had a doozy. I remember that nothing went well that day. But, because we had a wonderful 30 minutes before Aaron came home, I honestly couldn't remember one specific event that had made the day difficult.

Charlotte has started making her ma-ma and da-da sounds. There is no greater joy for me right now than that. I used to dream about having titles and letters behind my name and someday, who knows. But, the soft mutters of "mama" and sleepy "I uv you's" are the greatest fulfillment of my biggest dream.

No comments: