Monday, October 13, 2008

Contemplating my Joy and my Pregnancy Hormones

"Joy is the best makeup."~Anne Lamott

Hormones have been driving me, and everyone around me I'm sure, crazy for the last couple of weeks. I'm angry and then weepy at the drop of a hat. I'm tired and then pulsing with energy. I'm starving and then dying of hunger. Well, I guess that's not so very different, but you get the point.

Whether or not it seems like it, my life has never been so full of joy. I have everything I could ever possibly want or desire. My children and husband are healthy and happy.

There have been times when I went through bouts of depression. Who doesn't? Someone once told me that happiness, like any emotion, is a choice. But, I don't really think that these hormonal emotion changes are things I can choose to experience or not. They are direct results of the new little life growing inside of me and there really is not much I can do about them, but apologize. So again, to all those out there that I have offended already, I'm sorry. To those I haven't seen in the last couple of weeks, I apologize in advance, because, dude, I know it's coming your way, too. :)

No comments: