Monday, October 6, 2008

Pregnant and Sneaking Chocolate Cake

Well, if you didn't already figure it out from Friday's picture...we're pregnant. The official due date would be June 8th. Another baby. Boy or Girl, either would be a blessing. We're very excited and already planning ahead for next summer. There is, of course, the possibility that we would still be here when the baby is born, so we'll have to figure out the logistics of that. I know we could do it, but hopefully we won't have to.

I've started having more pregnancy symptoms. Nausea and cravings. Yesterday, Aaron made breakfast, eggs with some sausage. Argh! I don't think anything ever smelled so bad. I'm sure it was lovely, but it sent my stomach turning.

With the nausea also comes the cravings. The sibs and Kelly went out last night for some dessert; Robert's back in town. My angel of a husband brought home some chocolate cake...that sounds so small compared to what it was. You can't just call it "chocolate cake." For this was the mother of all chocolate cakes with fudge icing and chocolate chips and chunks. My goodness. Mmmm. Anyway, I couldn't eat it last night because it was so late when Aaron came back with it. I shoot, you know I could have inhaled that thing, but I knew I'd regret it later, so I used my will power to wait until today.

Well, all morning it was calling to me, "Saaarrrraaahhhh. Saaarraahh. Come to the fridge. Oh, yes. Open the take out box. Mmmm. Don't I look nummy?" I couldn't eat it this morning, because like all children, my children have super sonic hearing when it comes to Mommy eating anything wonderful and gooey that they aren't sharing in. There was no sneaking bites, but I still feel slightly sinful, because I ate it while I sat in the dark, in the dining room while Anna was napping on the couch 10 feet away. Mmmm. Somehow it tasted better. :)

1 comment:

Lori said...

Congratulations! Wonderful news. And, yes, I to sneak candy and other treats when my children can't see me... Mommy doesn't like to share!