Thursday, February 14, 2008

Fall Back and Regroup

Yesterday afternoon was rough for us. I had one constipated newborn and two babies who didn't seem to be able to stop pooping. And, on top of our bowel issues...no one napped. As all of you mama's out there know; naps are beyond important at this stage of the game. Anyway, I was nursing Charlotte at 4:00 when the power flickered out and then came back on. Anna is trying to pull the coo-koo clock that Aaron's brother, Bill, sent to him when he was stationed in Germany...something that means an awful lot to Aaron...completely off the wall. She keeps jerking it...and when I hop up to stop her, babe still latched to breast, she runs in the opposite direction chortling gleefully. This goes on for about 3 more times before I succeed in catching the little booger butt and swatting said bottom. I turn the computer on to restart and check my instant messanger to see if hubby is still at work. I notice his icon is no longer highlighted and send a prayer of thanks up to God that my husband, my life preserver, is coming home. That moment, I hear the key in the lock...Thank you, Jesus! Amen!

No comments: