Saturday, February 9, 2008

"Thank You So Much"


When you begin to see the fruits of your labors appear in your child, it's just something that you have to shout about. From the time we brought our daughter, Anna, home from the hospital, I have tried to project good manners. It is still something that we work on today. Saying "please" when we want something, and "thank you" when we receive it is a simple lesson that I want all of my children to grasp. We have been receiving meals this past week from various friends from church and my MOPS group, and tonight a lady from my Bible study dropped off a meal. She set it on the table in the kitchen and Anna said, "Ooohhh! Thank you so much!" She's been saying, "Thank you so much" a lot lately when she's given something. She'll remember please most of the time. She'll get herself a tissue when her nose is runny. She'll cover her mouth when she coughs most of the time, and twice I've seen Abby doing it. It is just such a great joy to me that all of the work that I'm putting into my children is not in vain. :)

No comments: