Friday, February 29, 2008

One Month Update

We've "survived" the first month with Charlotte. Aaron has been amazing. Taking more than his fair share of "turns" with a screaming babe in the early morning hours before dawn. I honestly can say I do not know how anyone can do this on their own. I know women who have and they have my most sincere admiration. I am no longer moving on auto-pilot. I have moved into feeling pretty good-minus the chest area-but know that I've only got to take that so much farther before we're done. The girls are doing pretty well with Charlotte. They have switched the first reactions of her. Anna was the little mother when Charlotte first came home and Abby was the one that wanted to kill her (patting her ever so gently on the arm while smiling and then going in for the kill while still smiling). Now Anna is the one that is sooo tired of her and all the time that it takes away from her and mommy. "Put that baby back in the basket." Abby is now the nurturer. She has completely bonded with her own baby doll this past month. She burps her and rubs her back...carting her all over the house cooing and shushing. Its an absolute blessing to see. Now if only I can convince Anna that this baby is a wonderful thing and here to stay. :)

No comments: