Friday, February 22, 2008

Securing the Perimeters

Everyday, before I let the little pumpkin-heads(a childhood term of endearment-don't think I'm calling my babies names) out of their prospective dungeons, I must secure the perimeters. First, I make their breakfasts and fill their milk cups and put them on their table in the living room. We don't usually eat breakfast in the kitchen when I'm nursing; because I will, without a doubt have to nurse before they finish eating. Second I push in the chairs the dining room table and at my computer desk. If I leave these out, it is as though I have extended an open invitation to Anna to explore whatever she can reach from these chairs. Second, I must gate off the kitchen so that I don't have to hop up with babe at breast to save Anna from whatever she's found in the kitchen or save Abby from whatever Anna has found in the kitchen. We then close the back bedroom door which all have those child safety lock thing-ys on them that Anna is getting pretty good at taking off(What do we do now?!). Close the bathroom and laundry room door and make certain the front door is bolted. The little boogers can now escape from their rooms and our day begins.

No comments: